What we do when a lost pet comes into our shelter:
- We take photos of lost/stray companion animals that arrive at the shelter and post them on our website for 3-5 days.
- We circulate flyers with a photo and description of your pet on the Helping Lost Pets website
I Lost a Pet
What to do if your pet is lost:
- Call the PEI Humane Society to see if it has been brought in to the shelter
- Fill out a lost pets form on the Helping Lost Pets website
Current Lost Pets
Please click on the individual photo for more detailed information.
Have the animal’s lost pet log number (from the Helping Lost Pets website) ready when you call. There are costs associated with claiming your pet.
NOTICE: DO NOT FILL OUT AN ONLINE APPLICATION TO ADOPT A LOST/STRAY ANIMAL.
Our goal is to get these animals back home safely. They will require a full health check and behavioral assessment before being approved for the adoption program. No applications from the stray page will be considered.
I Found a Pet
You must make an appointment to bring a lost pet to the PEI Humane Society during regular business hours. There is no charge for this service. For appointments please call (902) 892-1190 ext 21.
What you should do if you find a lost pet:
- Call the PEI Humane Society to see if the pet is reported as lost
- Fill out a found pets form on the Helping Lost Pets website
- Call radio stations and vet clinics to report the pet was found
- Take the found animal to your local vet clinic to be scanned to see if there is a microchip or tattoo
PEI Radio Stations:
CFCY/Magic 93: 902-892-1066
CBC Radio: 902-629-6400
SPUD Radio: 902-436-2202
If you need help with a feral cat in your area, please contact the Cat Action Team – a coalition to aid feral cats in PEI.
They are a registered, non-profit, entirely volunteer charity established to work with the public in caring for stray, feral and barn cats across Prince Edward Island. Visit their website.