Foster a Pet
– Foster volunteers Janet and John
Our foster volunteers provide an essential and special service to help companion animals that are not quite ready to be adopted into their new homes.
Prepare to be a foster:
- Animals in foster care can be expectant mothers, newborn kittens/puppies and their mother, animals recovering from a surgery, or an animal who is finding their stay in the shelter overwhelming.
- Typically, companion animals will spend 2-12 weeks in foster care, but this varies with every animal.
- We ask our foster volunteers to provide the Foster Coordinator with regular updates.
- The primary animal caregiver must be 18 years of age or older.
What do we provide?
The PEI Humane Society provides volunteer foster families with the necessary supplies to properly care for the animals that will be living in their home temporarily, such as:
- dishes for food and water
- blankets and pet beds
- litter and litter box
- any necessary medication
"*" indicates required fields