The PEI Humane Society is the Island’s only shelter for homeless or injured animals. We are a non-profit organization that assists over 1300 companion animals each year.
We do not receive operational funding from any level of government, nor do we receive funds from Humane Canada. Donations raised by these organizations do not help Prince Edward Island animals.
Our core values are to provide programs and services to the community which include:
- Humane treatment and care for all companion animals
- Protection from and prevention of abuse and neglect for all companion animals
- Promoting informed and responsible ownership of companion animals
- Protecting public health and safety relating to companion animals
- Promoting the continued health and safety of employees and visitors to the PEI Humane Society
The PEI Humane Society is a registered non-profit organization. As such, we have a responsibility to be accountable and transparent to our clients and financial supporters.
In addition to audited Financial Statements for the most recent fiscal year, our reports (linked on this page) also include facts and statistics which will provide a snapshot of our work in the community to improve the welfare of companion animals across Prince Edward Island.