- Volunteers under 16 years of age need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- All volunteers should be comfortable working in a loud, busy environment
- All volunteers should have the ability to work as a team member and independently
- It is important that all volunteers are good communicators – with people and pets!
Before participating as a volunteer, all individuals are required to:
- Complete our online volunteer application
- Attend a general volunteer orientation session at the shelter (approx 1 hour)
- Attend a shelter tour and hands-on training session (approx 1 hour)
We are looking for volunteers to help us raise funds for animal care.
Individual donations fund 34.9% of our operations, and animal care revenue and events contribute 8%. We would love to see our event revenue increase due to rising medical costs, but we need your help to get there.
If you’re interested in sitting on a volunteer committee or being part of a third-party fundraiser, contact Courtney Farrell, Community Development Specialist; email@example.com
All volunteers will be asked to sign up and maintain a profile on Better Impact. This website allows volunteers to schedule shifts, enlist in training and communicate with our Volunteer Coordinator.
To create your profile:
Upon creating your profile, you will be contacted through Better Impact about orientation and scheduling your shelter tour within an estimated two weeks.
If you want to get involved by supporting us online, you can find us on Facebook: PEI Humane Society and Instagram: @pei_hs