- Volunteers under 16 years of age need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- All volunteers should be comfortable working in a loud, busy environment
- All volunteers should have the ability to work as a team member and independently
- It is important that all volunteers are good communicators – with people and pets!
Before participating as a volunteer, all individuals are required to:
- Complete our online volunteer application
- Attend a general volunteer orientation session at the shelter (approx 1 hour)
- Attend a shelter tour and hands-on training session (approx 1 hour)
We are looking for volunteers to help us raise funds for animal care.
Individual donations fund 34.9% of our operations, and animal care revenue and events contribute 8%. We would love to see our event revenue increase due to rising medical costs, but we need your help to get there.
If you’re interested in sitting on a volunteer committee or being part of a third-party fundraiser, contact Courtney Farrell, Community Development Specialist; firstname.lastname@example.org
We hold volunteer intake sessions in the Spring and Fall every year. We will announce when volunteer applications open via our social media.
You can find us on Facebook: PEI Humane Society and Instagram: @pei_hs
Volunteer orientation sessions are hosted around these intakes and will be announced to those who have applied.