- Volunteers of all ages are welcome to apply. Those under 16 years of age need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Comfortable working in a sometimes loud, busy environment
- Ability to work as a team member and independently
- Good communicator – with people and pets!
Before participating as a volunteer, all individuals are required to:
- Complete our online volunteer application.
- Attend a general volunteer orientation session at the Shelter (Approx 1 hour)
- Attend a shelter tour and hands-on training session (Approx 1 hour)
- Provide a criminal record check.
Individual donations fund 34.9% of our operations, and animal care revenue and events contribute 8%. We would love to see our event revenue increase due to rising medical costs, but we need your help to get there.
If you’re interested in sitting on a volunteer committee or being part of a third-party fundraiser, contact Ashley Travis, Development & Communications Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a large number of interested volunteers, we are unable to leave our volunteer application posted at all times. We will be reposting the volunteer application for a new round of volunteer intakes in the spring of 2022.
We thank all of those who are interested in volunteering with us.