Adopt a Cat
See your perfect companion? Here’s how to apply:
Please see the profiles below to learn more about the cats we have up for adoption. Click the Cat Adoption Application button to apply to adopt your new best friend!
BEFORE APPLYING, PLEASE NOTE:
– Only successful applicants will be contacted and submitting an application does not automatically approve an applicant to adopt.
– Please make sure to include the name of the cat you’re interested in on your application. We do not accept or keep record of applications for certain breeds, or sizes of cat. You must apply for a cat that is currently available.
– If you are not approved for the animal you apply for, this does not mean that you cannot apply for another animal or that there was anything wrong with your application. It usually means that someone else just got there first.
– We receive many applications to adopt our animals and we will always select the best fit available in order of when the applications were received.
– Submitting multiple applications will not qualify you for multiple animals. If you wish to apply to adopt an animal, please submit ONE application and include all the animals’ names you’re interested in adopting. Multiple application submissions from a single applicant overwhelms our system and cancels all previous applications.
WHAT IS A BARN BUDDY?
The PEI Humane Society “Barn Buddy” program provides cats previously considered unadoptable, due to being feral and/or undersocialized, the opportunity to live in select gardens, barns or nurseries. A Barn Buddy isn’t suited for indoor living. We do not adopt cats who are suitable to be house pets through this program. Only cats without other options are eligible to be in the Barn Buddies program.
If you have a working farming operation or safe, heated outbuilding, there are cats that want you to put them to work. These working whiskers are natural mousers and will help keep down the rodent population. The cats will be helping you and you will be helping them by providing them with a safe place to live. All they ask for in return is shelter, food, water and care! Best of all, when you give our cats a job, you’re saving the lives of homeless pets that otherwise would not have been suitable for adoption. Their adoption fee is $45 and come spayed/neutered, vaccinated and microchipped.
We ask that you provide:
– Shelter in safe and heated barns, shops, warehouses or other suitable buildings
– Daily food and water – cats cannot live on mousing alone!
– Litter box and litter
WHAT IS A SPIRIT CAT?
Spirit Cats are lively but independent animals. This means that they are shy and under-socialized. This can be caused by any number of factors, but commonly, this stems from their introduction to human beings happening at a later stage of development
A spirit cat’s understanding of companionship will take some time to develop, but with your patience and support, they can become more comfortable with you in your home. A quiet environment will suit them best, with respectful family members who understand their needs.
It is most important that Spirit Cats go to a loving home that understands their unique needs and will allow the relationship to grow in the cat’s own time. The beauty, grace, and charm of a Spirit Cat fills a home with love! Though you may not see them very often, you will never be home alone and will always have a companion nearby.
Cat adoption fees include:
- Spay or neuter
- Microchip ID
- All vaccinations to date
- Flea/Tick and Worm treatment (if necessary)
KITTEN (under 6 months old)
1 Kitten: $210
2 Kittens: $375
1 Cat: $185
2 Cats : $275
SENIOR CAT (8+ years)
1 Senior Cat : $95
2 Senior Cats: $140
Adult & Kitten Duo : $300
Spirit Cat : $85